Returns And Refund Policy
This policy sets out the circumstances in which goods or services (“Goods”) supplied by The Trustee for The Bideford Investment Trust trading as Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges to a customer (“you”) will be accepted for return.
AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
The sale of Goods by Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges will be subject to certain laws including, without limitation, the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”). Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the ACL. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the Goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This policy is in addition to any rights you have at law including under the ACL which is Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act, 2010 (“Act”).
ASSESSMENT OF GOODS FOR RETURN
Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges reserves the right to assess the eligibility of Goods for return (including the condition and age of the goods) BEFORE accepting them as returned. All Goods which a customer wants to be assessed for return must be:
- Accompanied by proof of purchase from Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges either by providing a receipt or other proof of transaction; and
- unmarked and complete with instruction books and accessories such as remotes, controllers, power cords, batteries, battery chargers, connectivity cables and any other out of box accessories supplied as part of the purchase.
Please note that it may be necessary for the manufacturer of the Goods to inspect the Goods in order to assess eligibility for return. Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges will endeavour to procure such assessment within a reasonable time.
While Goods are being assessed, Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges will not be deemed to have accepted the Goods for return.
WHEN GOODS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR RETURN
Except where required under the ACL or other applicable consumer protection laws or regulations, Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges will accept Goods for return in accordance with this Returns Policy and only after assessment as set out above, where the Goods are returned in the compliance with 1. And 2. Above and:
- Fail to meet a consumer guarantee under the ACL; or
- Are subject to any express warranty given by:
- Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges; or
- The manufacturer of the goods;
And the goods are returned in accordance with the terms of that warranty.
NO CHANGE OF MIND RETURNS
Please choose carefully as Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges does not accept the return of goods because you change your mind or make a wrong decision about Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges goods or services.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GOODS ARE ACCEPTED FOR RETURN?
Subject to any obligation of Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges at law to the contrary, when Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges accepts Goods for return:
- For a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee which is not a “major failure”, Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges may either:
- Have the goods repaired or provide an identical replacement; or
- Provide a refund of the amount paid for the goods;
Within a reasonable time.
- for a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee which cannot be remedied or a “major failure” (as defined in the ACL), you may either:
- Reject the goods and choose a refund or identical replacement or one of the same type and similar value (if reasonably available);
- Keep the goods and get compensation for any drop in value of the goods caused by the failure; or
- Agree with Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges to a repair of the goods; and
- Under express warranty, Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges may either repair or replace the goods or offer a refund in accordance with the express warranty.
A “major failure” is defined in the ACL and broadly is one where a reasonable consumer would not have acquired the goods had the consumer been fully aware of the failure, the goods are unsafe, substantially unfit for purpose or departed significantly from the demonstration model or sample. In this regard, you should refer to the ACL.
If you reject goods purchased from Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges in accordance with the ACL, you must return the goods to Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges. If the goods cannot be returned without significant cost to you as prescribed under the ACL, you may ask Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges to collect the goods.
If goods are accepted for repair, Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges will undertake such repairs within a reasonable time. All repairs will be undertaken as prescribed under the ACL.
If you are entitled to a refund under the ACL, your refund will be issued by credit card, cheque, EFT or PayPal depending on your original payment method for the goods.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOUR GOODS HAVE BEEN REPAIRED?
After your Goods have been repaired or replacement Goods become available, as the case may be, Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges will contact you to make arrangements for delivery of your Goods.
Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges will only pay for the delivery of the Goods if they were repaired or replaced because of a major failure or if Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges is required by law to meet the delivery cost.
PRESCRIBED INFORMATION REGARDING REPAIR OF GOODS
Goods returned for repair which are capable of retaining “user-generated data” as defined under the Act, May as a result of the repair, be subject to loss of data.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair Goods.
ONLINE SALE RETURNS
The process for the return of Goods purchased from Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges online is to contact the online sales team via firstname.lastname@example.org who will review reasons for the return and Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges will process the Return if approved.
STATUTORY RIGHTS NOT AFFECTED
This Returns Policy will not affect your statutory rights including those under the ACL. To the extent of any inconsistency between this policy and your statutory rights, your statutory rights will take precedence.
If you have a question in relation to this Returns Policy or believe that Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges or any of our staff have not observed your rights under the ACL, please do not hesitate to contact Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges by writing to:
Shop 1/70 Dalton Drive
Sunshine Coast Washers & Fridges
ABN 63 564 810 829